Photo and name
Depending on your privacy configuration, your profile photo and name may be visible to anyone you chat with on WhatsApp. To set or change your profile photo follow the below points:
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Tap the Camera icon.
- Choose a photo from your gallery, take a new photo with your camera or delete the current photo.
If you block a contact, that person will not see any updates to your profile picture.
To set or change your name, navigate to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings and tap on your name to edit it.
The status feature in WhatsApp is a real time indication of what you are doing so that you can keep up to date with your contacts. To set your status:
- From the Chats screen, go to Menu Button > Status.
- You can choose a default status or create a personalized one.
- To create a personal status, press the Pencil icon to edit the current status and tap OK after you are finished.