This is to inform you that medicines are prescribed (by doctors) by brand name & not by the generics (Ingredients). Hence we end up paying more money for the same medicine.
Follow these few steps to know more & start saving on your medical bills.
1. Simply go to www.Manddo.com (Medicines and Doctors online) go to medicines section
2. Search the medicine name
3. Type the medicine name which you are using [e. g. Lyrica 75mg (Pfizer company)]
4. It will show u medicine company, prices and Ingredients
5. Now main point CLICK ON ‘SUBSTITUTE’
6. Don’t be surprised to see that same drug is available at very low cost also. And that to by other reputed manufacturer. e. g. Lyrica by pfizer is for Rs. 768.56 for 14 tab (54.89 per tab). Whereas same drug by Cipla (Prebaxe) is available ONLY @ Rs. 59.00 for 10 tab.
There was a big lobby by Pharma companies to stop generic medicines. But court kept the interest of common man and the medical need.